Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Groundhog Day

As our nation fondly reflects upon another Groundhog's Day passing, and much of it buckles under the storm of the century, I find myself biting my tongue, and feeling a bit guilty- all from just a few, little words.  I keeping wanting to say these words, to scream them, but frankly, it makes me feel spoiled, or selfish or something, but- I'm cold.

It seems like everywhere but here, in perpetually sunny Arizona, the weather is horribly crippling, debilitating to lives and pocketbooks.  I imagine dark, cold rooms, devoid of electricity due to power outages, where children have only the light of Nintendos and PSPs to guide their way to the bathroom.  Then I think, What am I complaining about?  While I am 'enduring' a sunny, 40 degree forecast, friends and family are suffering in the rain, ice, sleet, and snow.

Just a thought, but why don't y'all move to Arizona?  The weather is awesome...

No comments:

Post a Comment